Saturday, September 5, 2009

Twitter / Home

I have joined twitter and managed to follow a couple of people (Dave Hughes and Kevin Rudd) who I knew had sites. I have noticed a few people are now following me too. Setting it up was very easy, but to be honest I don't see the point. People just write updates about what they are doing in their lives. I am really not interested in reading what others are doing, and I am not interested in sharing what I am doing because I can't imagine that being interesting to anyone else! As far as I know none of my friends use twitter. Most do use Facebook and tend to update their status there.

Many businesses and even politicans are using twitter in order to promote themselves and connect with more people, especially Generation Y and youth. However, I really can't see twitter being used as a serious professional networking tool between businesses, for conducting meetings, professional development or in the classroom. While twitter is great as a marketing tool, there are serious concerns about the security of information and too many distractions for it to beneficial in the classroom.

This is me at twitter - I just don't know what to do with it! Twitter / Home

No comments:

Post a Comment