Saturday, September 5, 2009

LC_MOO 2/9/09

I logged into LC_MOO about half an hour before the 8pm meeting time so that I could familiarise myself with the site becuase I had never used it before. The site was a bit daunting and I had no real idea what to do. I looked into a few "rooms" but could not work out what to do. I found a page where I could see others from our group and "Hopper" (asleep). I decided to wait here for the meeting to begin. I was a bit anxious but was looking forward to learning to use this site because it was such an unfamiliar environment for me and I have not really worked with commands before. However, about 2 minutes before the meeting was due to start I was kicked out of the site and I could not log back in. After a few frantic messages to Ken and a new log in (lucky was not so lucky), I still could not log in. I therefore was unable to participate in this session. I have looked at the log, but it is hard to understand what is happening because I am not familiar with the environment. I hope we can try this again sometime and that it is more successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment